Soy wax is considered "memory wax" so make sure the first time you light your candle you let it burn at least one hour for every inch in diameter of the container, or until the melt pool of wax goes to the edges of the container. This allows your candle to burn evenly and not create a tunnel down the center resulting in a significant amount of wasted wax. From then on NEVER burn any candle longer than 4 hours at a time.
It may take a few attempts for the wood wick to catch...It will.
Our wooden wicks have a lovely crackle when lit, which is normal.
For the best quality burn of your candle always trim your wick to 1/4” each time before you light your candle. (When candle is cool) This can be done with wick trimmers, nail clippers, or simply by pinching of the burnt part with your fingers. Tip: Tilt candle while doing so, so that debris doesn't fall into your wax.
Stop burning your candle once the wax is down to ½” of wax in the jar.
If you see a noticeable amount of black smoke being emitted from the wick, blow the candle out, trim the wick, and relight. This combustion reaction can occur if your soy candle wick is too high.
Keep your candle burning away from any drafts or vents.
Keep wax pool free of all debris (matches, wick trimmings).
Never leave a candle unattended, keep candle away from flammable objects, keep out of reach of children and pets and always extinguish before going to bed or leaving the house.
Wax Melts: To use wax melts, pop them out of the package and break off one or two squares and place them in a wax melter (tealight warmer, or electric warmer). Each warmers tray is different and can hold different amounts of wax.
Follow your particular wax warmers safety instructions.
Use only in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers.
DO NOT leave melter unattented while in use. Unplug before leaving house.
Keep away from children and pets.
DO NOT add water or any other liquids.
Dump out old wax, wipe/clean tray, and add new wax once your tray is lower than 1/2" of wax, or when the scent throw is gone.
WHY DO WE LOVE SOY WAX?
Soy candles are a great eco-friendly option.The wax used in our products derives from U.S. grown soy beans, it's natural, biodegradable, renewable, and clean burning; producing little to no soot.
Our soy candles are slow burning giving you twice the candle, and giving more for your money.
Soy Wax, Coconut Wax, and Beeswax are all great options compared to Paraffin Wax Candles. Paraffin is a refined gasoline by-product that's known to have 11 toxins that are thrown into the air you and your family breath in while burning. With all the toxins around us each day give yourself peace of mind & get a safer/cleaner candle to burn throughout your home that the entire family can enjoy!
What are the burn times? *Approximate longevity when burned correctly. Mini 4 oz. - Approx. Burn Time - 20 hours.Our mini is our only size that features a wooden tube wick with a cotton core. This combination allows the best burn for our mini size without sacrificing the wooden wick crackle we all love. The tube shaped wooden wick gives off a nice unique round flame.Medium 8 oz. - Approx. Burn Time - 35 hours. Large 16 oz. - Approx. Burn Time - 75 + hours. Clamshell Wax Melts - Each pack (six squares) will last anywhere between 50-80 hours, depending on how long the warmer is on, and how hot your warmer burns.
Soy candles can naturally discolor (turn yellow) and fade when they are exposed to intense light for extended time periods. Do not display your soy candles in sunlight, fluorescent lighting. Yellowing can also occur as all of our candles are dye free, so the color (shade of white) may vary depending on the fragrance oil ingredients such as vanilla.
Why is there sometimes frost in soy candles?Soy wax is a natural vegetable base that has its own natural traits. Natural wax often produces a frosted look similar how chocolate reacts chocolate when warmed and cooled. This characteristic is normal and does not affect the quality, consistency or performance of the soy candle.
Are all soy wax candles the same?
No. Many "soy" candles in today's market are actually a blend containing soy wax and paraffin wax. Pine-Clad Candles are natural soy and do not contain paraffin wax.
Re-purpose your jars! Our jars are made from recycled glass, and these candles burn completely clean with hardly any residue. Once your candle is all gone, clean your jar out getting rid of any extra wax (you can also use rubbing alcohol), throw the jar in the dishwasher and it is ready to re-use. Use as a vase, catch all, organizer for spices, small items, or put if you have no use put it into the recycling bin.